September 01, 2011

Fare thee well, Winter

Sakura Hanami (Cherry Blossom Viewing) via thepaperplace.ca

Ah, Spring. There's no other time quite like you - you draw out the daffodils as they find out you're close by, you sprinkle us with sudden and frequent sun-showers, and just when we were beginning to fret and grumble, you remind people that Winter does not last forever, and Summer is in fact just around the corner. 

In honour of the season of new things, I have decided upon a few mid-year resolutions of my own. 

This Spring, I plan to: 
- try to keep on top of housework by doing a little cleaning every day (dishes don't count!) 
- experiment with new colours in my wardrobe (marigold, anyone?) 
- get out of bed the first time my alarm goes off 
- stop biting my nails! 
- go for walks around our neighbourhood in the evenings 
- get a haircut 
- try out at least one recipe from our gourmet French cookbook, and keep trying until I succeed! 

My parents were married on the first day of Spring (happy anniversary Mum and Dad!) and my Mum's birthday is less than a week from now so Spring had a lot of cause to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment