September 15, 2011

Matching Masonry

Source
Since we got married, Bardoe and I have been collecting mason jars to use for storage in our little kitchen. We just love how useful they are for organising our collection of grains, rice, and pasta, and they add a little touch of homeliness to our otherwise cookie-cutter kitchen. Last night we went through our assortment of beans, dried grains and pasta shapes, which until now have been sitting in the supermarket bags we bought them in, and organised our pantry. I’m a tidy person at heart (although if you ask husband, he'll tell you this doesn’t always work out in practise) so for me there is nothing nicer than putting things in order and setting up systems. I hope we can find more ways to make our little home more unique and cosy.

2 comments:

  1. I love those jars! Are they just from 2nd hand shops? or bought? I have a few that my Gran gave me, and that i have found, but i love how they look all together, then you have your pantry at your fingertips! love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is sourced (I wish our bench was THAT cute!), but yes most of our jars are from second hand stores, others we got from clearance bargains, and lovely people!

    ReplyDelete