December 12, 2008

Malaysia Travels - Part 1

I must apologise for my recent lack of posts - I am currently living in Kuching, Malaysia where I will be until the 23rd of December! This country is amazing, the climate is only just bearably hot but rarely sunny (not during monsoon season anyway) with thunderstorms every afternoon! The food is dirt cheap (dirt being an appropriate choice of word here) and the shopping is abundant. I just bought the phone I have been dreaming of for the past 4 months for $600 cheaper than I would have paid in New Zealand!!! Isn't it beautiful?! *swoon*

Listen to me, going on about gadgets when I should be aweing over the scenery! Well the landscapes here are completely unlike ANY place I have been to before - jungle covers most of Sarawak and the wildlife is gorgeous. Look at this female orangutan we saw!
She was carrying her baby underneath although you can't really see it from this photo.
I'll post more on my expeditions when I return and upload my photos. In the meantime, you shall have to be satisfied with these.
Afternoon thunderstorms
A Bidayuh longhouse (meeting room)
A bridge used for crossing swampy marshes between longhouses

The house I am staying at (left of the yellow house)

No comments:

Post a Comment